Thursday, February 4, 2010

Week 4 EOC - SuperBowl Commercial

    The Super Bowl is watched by millions of people every year making this event a great opportunity for advertising a product. Making a commercial that is not only entertaining but also speaks to the people it targets, the different types of people who would be watching the Super Bowl, is extremely important. This is what I saw in the commercial, "Bridgestone: Taters". This commercial is funny and is targeted towards the male population.
    When I saw this commercial, I had to laugh, I could absolutely relate to it the whole situation that it portrayed. Right away, I recognized its demographic segmentation of the middle aged, married, working class male. Being married for 21 years, I saw my husband and myself in this commercial. I think that is what makes this commercial effective. It uses aspects that this group can relate to and they have seen themselves in this same situation before. The use of Mr. Potato head, the real life humor of the man/woman relationship, and being the man behind the wheel of a sports car racing down the road, stopping just in time to avoid imminent danger appeals to a man of this group.
    Even though women are said to make 90% of the buying decision, buying tires for a car is something that most women leave to the men to do. This makes this a perfect commercial for the Super Bowl whose majority audience is male.

Bridgestone: Taters



I just saw this commercial and thought it was great. 3-24-2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment